Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences
University at Albany
(518) 437 3732
jminder albany edu
- Dec 2015: Justin and Ted present research on snow cover,
the snow-albedo feedback, regional climate change over the Rocky Mountains, and coastal orographic rainfall at
the American Geophysical Union's Fall Meeting.
- Sept 2015: Justin assists in training forecasters for the 2018 Winter Olympics
(read more here) .
- Sept 2015: Justin presents research on snow-albedo feedback and mountain climate at the
International Conference on Alpine Meteorology
in Innsbruck, Austria.
- Aug 2015: UAlbany Weather & Climate Camp in the news! Links:
(UAlbany News Center)
- Aug 2015: Minder group presents lake-effect snow
research at AMS conference on Mesoscale Processes. See links:
- April 2015: Adam Massmann is awarded a
Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship !!
- Nov 2014: Justin quoted in "Unraveling the mysteries of deadly 'firehose' lake-effect snow events" (read more here).
- Sept 2014: Justin gives invited talk at
MTNCLIM 2014 mountain climate research conference.
- Sept 2014: Adam Massmann joins the Minder research group.
- Aug 2014: Ted and Justin presented research at the
AMS mountain meteorology conference . See links:
- March 2014: Justin was awarded an
NSF-CAREER grant to study the role of the snow-albedo feedback in regional climate change over mountainous terrain. The grant will also fund a summer weather/climate science camp for local urban high school students.
read more here
- Dec 2013 -Jan 2014:
Justin & grad student
Ted Letcher participated in the
Ontario Winter Lake-effect Systems (OWLeS)
field experiment to study lake-effect snow over the Tug Hill Plateau
read more here
- Sept 2013: Ted Letcher joins the Minder research group.