Interesting links on atmospheric sciences
Philosophies and concerns about ENSO
do we care about El Niño and La Niña?
Watching for El Niño and La Niña
are there so many ENSO indexes, instread of just one?
Good Have ENSO Forecasts Been Lately?
baratrobic and shallow water models (Available source code)
Subroutines/scripts that calculats several spherical operators and
3.2 is a collection of FORTRAN77 programs and subroutines facilitating
computer modeling of geophysical processes. The package contains
subroutines for computing common differential operators including
divergence, vorticity, latitudinal derivatives, gradients, the
Laplacian of both scalar and vector functions, and the inverses of
time series course. Beside the slides, there is bulk of codes that do
much of statistics.
Classical papers collections
classic papers on geophysical fluid dynamics
Seasonal Climate Forecast
Climate Forecast CFSv2
- World monsoons
Satellite Blogs, Tutorial, archives
- CIMSS Satellite
- EUMETSAT Training
- EUMETSAT NEW
- Grided Satellite data
Convective Coupled Equatorial Waves (CCEW)
- Sandro Lubis blog
for equatorial waves
- Carl Scherck tropical waves monitoring
- Kyle MacRitchie page
- Micheal Ventrice page
Interesting blogs & homepage
- Cliff Mass blog
Python libraries for Atmospheric science
- GHCN call and plot Get and plot station from GHCN network.
Africa drought/Famine/weather links
- Misc. Maps for Africa Maps link
- African Cener of MEteorological Application for Development ACMAD
- Famine Early Warning System Network FEWS NET
- Science for weather information and Forecasting Technique African SWIFT
- CPC Portal for African African Portal
- Seasonal forecasting over Nile hrc-Sudan
Interesting links on Physics
- Feynmann lectures on Physics, the lectures are written in 3 volumes,
these lectures were taught in Caltech institue of technology by
- One dimensional positive, negative, and zero groub veolocity
- Two dimensional gravity wave.
Interesting links on mathematics ...
- Discrete Fourier Transformation (DFT) vs. Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) jupyter notebook
- Here is nice video series about FFT by Mike Cohen Youtube . There is many other videos on him youtube home page.
- Infinity is a beautiful concept and it is ruining physics Link .
- Ten simples rules for better figures link
- On writing and some numerical books Link
- Reproducibility problem Link